Growth the popularity of ephemeral content the global trend of Internet marketing. We are talking about short video and photorelief that are in the access 24 hours after posting, and then disappear forever. The first such format of visual content, we launched a social network Snapchat, then Instagram, and Facebook added a feature ephemeral content under the title "Stories" ("Stories"), followed by other social networks and instant messengers.
Work with disappearing content is a new challenge for business. "History" is gradually become an active tool to promote companies and brands in social networks (SMM), although it was initially created to attract users generate their own entertainment content.
useful Than "History" for business?
1. "History" visible in Instagram and Facebook they have priority in the show, as posted at the top of the main screen of the mobile applications. The selected location ensures that publications are not lost among endless content in the news feed.
2. "History" to be imperfect, to find the brand a human face, and, as a result, become closer to their customers (clients). Images and videos published without professional treatment and editing, this "live" content. In addition, when it is created available various effects (masking, filters, stickers, animations) which give the author creative freedom and make "History" a bright, direct and funny.
3. "Stories" can help businesses to build trust with the target audience, because the vanishing of the content closer to real life. Photos and the videos appear within 5-15 seconds. So they resonated with users, it needs to be open and honest and require the same from audience.
4. "Stories" imply a rapid feedback. Ephemeral content lives online only 24 hours, so the reaction to it from users almost instant, because they can't keep this publication and delay their viewing tomorrow.
5. "History" allows businesses to experiment with content to test creative ideas. In a day of ephemeral content will disappear, so negative feedback, mistakes are not so terrible for the reputation of the company or brand, as published in the main belt.
How can businesses effectively use Story?
1. Slightly open the curtain. Tell fragments and fines from the life of the company, her team, the owners. Share unknown facts about the brand. "History" needs to be of a private nature, but at the same time to be interesting for the audience here and now.
2. Show your experience and yourself as an expert. The content in the form of quick tips, step-by-step instructions, useful forecasts will be useful for users.
3. Share secrets. Post "Stories" that are nowhere else to be found and thereby build trust between the company and its subscribers.
4. Make exclusive offers. The discount, promotion or bonus will be available only to users who have responded to History.
5. Engage users. Find out their attitude to the company, brand through polls. Let them voice their opinions. Ask to for example, a live release date or topic worth giving tips. Let users feel important that the company appreciates them.
- Instagram Stories posted to Facebook automatically.
- Shoot videos vertically as people view stories through smartphones.
- No need to duplicate ephemeral content in the main stream.
- Invoke pleasant, positive emotions through the “Stories”. Funny effects of the design of publications will help to get away from formality.
- have fun users with disappearing content, but remember that you can always take a screenshot, so compliance with laws and regulations no one has canceled ethics.
Read also: " How, where, and why do online streaming? ".