Adult education is an important issue for every businessman who has both a large staff and a small one. This is not only a trend of modern society but also an urgent need for coordinated work of the team and obtaining the maximum result.
You don’t have to be an HR specialist to understand that everyone is stressed in a new place of work. There is even a rating of phobias for a new employee:
- Fear to fail the assigned duties;
- Fear to fail the deadline;
- Fear of not finding a common language with the team;
- Fear of not meeting management expectations;
- Fear that his professional skills are not enough;
An interesting fact is that up to 80% of those studied who quit their jobs in the first six months of work, decide to leave in the first two weeks. This means that they could not adapt normally to the team.
In order to speed up the adaptation of an employee in a new place, there are a lot of methods and programs that are already tested and integrated under the digital age.
Globally, integration can be divided into two groups: within the enterprise and outside of it.
“External” adaptation is the establishment of informal relations with a new employee: picnic with the team, evening get-togethers and everything where you can get to know each other more than in the border of professional skills.
As for adaptation within the enterprise, it has several sub-items, which will constitute the full implementation cycle. All this is written in the textbooks for HR manager. And, often, it has nothing to do with the real picture of the employee’s integration into the team.
Nowadays, it is very important to have personal contact with a person, to lead him through all stages of adaptation so that he feels safe. Of course, there are people who don’t need it, they are purposeful and punchy by default. Other equally valuable employees need constant support from 2 to 8 weeks.
Stages of employee integration
- Assessment of employee readiness for conditions. Here it is necessary to find out if he has ever worked in such conditions, if not, in what conditions. Perhaps he has long been an experienced worker.
- Orientation in the enterprise. Familiarize with the general rules, values, history of the company and work. Let him feel himself as a part of a large mechanism. What if his personal values don’t correspond with corporate values?
- Check into practice. See if everything is working out for him, whether there is feedback, communication.
- Functioning. See if he can overcome difficulties in the team or work and how.
Having passed all these 4 stages, we can say with confidence that the employee is adapted and ready to be part of one big team.
Today we started to introduce mentorship and coaching into adaptation as a modern technology for working with staff. This is a very effective method, since a more experienced (positively minded employee) can assist a newcomer. However, be his mentor in the work. It is very important that the newcomer is not forced to pass this procedure. Sometimes a manager will assign one “mentor”, and a newcomer will choose another one for himself. It is important to check this point and let it be, maybe the work in such a tandem will be much more efficient.
CitySites has already developed and implemented successfully a unique program for the adaptation and training of Sales manager, which helps to enter the team conveniently, learn constantly and maintain high performance.